Saturday, January 23, 2010

TRUe Friends Meeting

I hosted my ladies' Bible study this past Thursday night. We began a new study using actual episodes of the old Andy Griffith shows.

After Christmas I like to go very casual and basic.....but I still keep my dining table set. It keeps us from trashing it up with mail, school papers, and just "stuff".

My iron cake stand inverts and turns into a server for appetizers. I fashioned a centerpiece with it using small apples and grapes.


I had bought the gold dishes before Thanksgiving, but liked them so much I went back and got them in the red color as well, so I could mix and match them.

After I cleaned off all the Christmas decor and garland I changed the look of the buffets as well....I bought smaller lamps. The tall vases were a Christmas present from Dear Daughter. The picture in the stand was taken on a trip to Savannah....it's a boardwalk extended out over a marsh.
The picture on this buffet was taken at my father's place.....it's my great grandfather's old tractor with the lake in the background. The tractor has just been left in the same place for years and years. We wouldn't think of moving it.

Tonight's menu included slices of cheesecake....
Tortilla chips with artichoke-spinach dip....

Pasta salad....

Savorings....philo dough filled with spinach and cheese. In front of the pasta salad bowl are crackers with pinapple-pecan dip

Mixed fruit with a choice of chocolate dip or cream cheese dip....

Yep, there I am.....
Donna and Antonette chowing down....
Katie....out newest member
and finally, there's Barbara....Look, she has a plate. She's eating something. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...